What it does ?
Add a grid (real geometry) in a cut made with a drawing tool of Fluent.
The grids are editable inside Fluent :
- Grid size
- Hole size
- Position (up or down in the cut)
14 Grid models
How to use ?
- Make a cut.
- Display the boolean object F →
- Select the boolean object.
- F →
- Hold left click then release of on an item.
- Hold left click to adjust as usual.
Update a grid after cut changes
If you edited a cut in which you added a grid, select the grid, press F → to update the grid. Left click to quit.
The grid’s modifier stack contains bevel or subsurf modifers. They are disable in the viewport, to keep a fluent viewport, but be activated for the renders.
How to adapt a grid on a sphere ?
- Select the grid.
- Add a cast modifier just before the solidify modifier.
- Set the cast modifier.
- Shape → Sphere
- Axis → X/Y/Z
- Factor → 1
- Object → the cut object